IRS Forms You may receive associated with your Annuity

by Senior Tax Advisory Group on June 27, 2017

When you get something from the IRS it can be scary.  Anything to do with taxes and the government can be daunting at times especially when you receive a form in the mail and you are not sure what it is all about.  So we thought it would be a great idea to share some helpful information about a couple of standard forms you may receive associated with your Annuity.  Those two forms are 5498 and 1099-R.

Here is a short video produced by American Equity, one of our trusted annuity providers, that does a great job of explaining these forms.

For your convenience you can read the Frequently Asked Questions for both of these forms by clicking on the links below.

Of course any time you have a question concerning your taxes or any forms you receive Senior Tax Advisory Group is always here to help.  If you would like to request a meeting with one of our advisors just CLICK HERE and let us know what you need and we will make sure someone from our staff gives you a call.

Topics: IRS, IRA, Required Minimum Distributions, Taxes, IRS tax forms, Annuity